eComStation 2.0 Beta 3
Serenity Systems International is pleased to announce the availability of eComStation 2.0 Beta 3 for download.
This is the third beta release of the eComStation 2.0.
This product is available for download to all registered eComStation
customers of Software Subscription Services.
This version of eComStation 2.0 is purely intended as a technology proof.
Some new items have been implemented:
- Added Lucide document viewer, including support for PDF documents
- Added Samba Client for eComStation
- New bootlogo and desktopbackground
- Faxworks can be installed from CD1
- Added Psi/2 Instant messaging application
- Added 4OS/2 to Additional Software
- Added Genmac 2.00 with support for 34 NIC chipsets (289 adapters), including many wireless
- Added Wireless LAN monitor 3.00, will be installed when appropriate hardware
is detected or selected
- Added OpenSSH Client for eComStation
- Added preinstall harddisk integrity check
- SNAP/ENT 3.1.8 the special licensed version of SNAP by Serenity is
in there, we boot Snap directly from CD-Rom
- Bootable JFS, this version is able to install on bootable JFS volumes.
Installing onto a bootable JFS volume will show a dramatic performance
- ACPI 2.15, This version installs and detects ACPI
If your system does not boot, check if ACPI is detected, you can disable
ACPI support in page 2 of the preboot menu
- Updated snoopers
These will provide better hardware detection/activiation during boot
- Removed installation phase 3, this results in a reduced number of reboots during installation
- Added DSSaver Screensaver
- Added eSchemes application, a new way to configure the look and feel of the
desktop. This is considered highly experimental
- Added FAT32 drivers as optional installable feature
- Added Firewall configuration utility
- Replaced Mozilla with Firefox + Thunderbird
This product is provided as a downloadable ISO file, this is a raw CD
image that you can burn on CD-R media. For instruction on burning the
CD image to CD please consult the PDF document howtoburncds.pdf in the
To tell us your findings, please create a report at:
READ THE README
Please read the full README document for details on downloading and creating the beta 3 CD.
Where to buy